Friday, November 24, 2017

Double Squash Coconut Soup


Let's talk about the filter first - I threw a party, and the soup was invited!
It adds something, don't you think, to my usual quick, no set up shot?  This might be my new thing.

Now, the soup. So easy and delicious.
I had half a butternut squash (i wrote butterbut at first, and didn't notice, and I must be more tired than I realize, based on how hilarious I thought it was) and an acorn squash in the kitchen that I decided to roast and then see what I wanted to do.  So I roasted them with some oil and salt and pepper at 400 for about 40 minutes (the acorn was cut in half and seeded first) until they were nice and tender.  I set aside a couple of big spoonfuls of the butternut for another 
purpose and the rest I decided was for soup.
I scooped the squashes out of their skins and into a big pot, and added 5 cups of veggie broth.  Brought to a simmer and cooked for 10 minutes or so.  Removed from the heat.  Pulled out my stick blender and whizzed until smooth.  Stirred in a can of coconut milk.  Reheat - check for seasoning.
Enjoy!