Sunday, June 11, 2017

Book Club - The Subtle Art of Not Giving A F8ck by Mark Manson





"One of those realizations was this: that life itself is a form of suffering.  The rich suffer because of their riches.  The poor suffer because of their poverty.  People without a family suffer because they have no family.  People with a family suffer because of their family."

" 'Don't hope for a life without problems,' the panda said.  'There's no such thing.  Instead, hope for a life full of good problems.'  And with that, he set his glass down, adjusted his sombrero, and sauntered off into the sunset."

"Action isn't just the effect of motivation; it's also the cause of it."

_______________________________________________

Whoooo!  Another reading challenge done.  I finished this one just before the end of May- 12 books in 5 months.  I'd have a really hard time picking a favorite out of the bunch - Shrill was so great, as was Every Body Yoga and Tiny Beautiful Things.  I really liked |Trans Sister Radio a lot, and Nocturnal Animals too.  The Mare was my least favorite; there was just something about it that I didn't love, however I gave it to my Mom to read after I was done and she loved it, so it was obviously me.  
I'm biding my time until the Adult Summer Reading Challenge is announced, hopefully tomorrow....