Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Chocolate Peanut Butter Streusel Cake

We had 2 birthdays to celebrate at work, and you better believe I volunteered pretty fast to make a treat for all of us.  It was time for cake.  It should always be time for cake.

The problem was, I volunteered the day before we needed the cake, and we had an activity 
that night, and some errands, plus the usual dinner/hysterical playtime/PLEASE 
everyone go to bed now so I can too time, and so I had no time to go to the store; 
I needed to make something with whatever I had on hand.

I grabbed my Bon Appetit cookbook off the shelf because I remembered from my 
testing how many wonderful desserts there were.  My first two picks had to be no'ed 
because I didn't have all the ingredients.
I landed on this super easy kitchen staple ready Chocolate and Peanut Butter Streusel Cake.  
 I know!   

In less than an hour the cake was out of the oven and cooling, and because of the streusel 
topping I didn't have to ice it, another bonus.  I was a bit worried that the edges were going 
to be rock hard as I'd had to add some extra cooking time, but the cake stayed nice and
 moist, which was a real bonus as it was a huge cake that lasted a long time.