Saturday, October 22, 2016

Sunday Dinner - French Onion Chicken and Chocolate Loaf Cake

I've stopped taking photos of Sunday Dinners apparently. 

So this was a dish I've had saved for ages - French Onion Chicken.  The Mister and I 
love a good French Onion soup so I've been wanting to try this for a long time.  
Having company over for Sunday dinner is a good time to pull out 
these fancy sounding recipes, right?

This dish - recipe here was amaze-balls.  Delicious!  Pretty to look at!  
Even the kids ate some!  A miracle in a serving bowl.

I made 1 1/2 times the amount of sauce, and I would do it again - I'm a sauce 
girl and this was  a good one.

The only thing we did differently was we didn't top the dish with the cheese and bake in the oven - we simmered the chicken a while on the stove and then passed the cheese at the table.  

Dessert was Nigella's Chocolate Loaf Cake.  It was ugly but good, and the leftovers disappeared pretty quickly.  I'm not sure I'd race to make it again, but if I ever must make a loaf cake of the chocolate variety, I would return to this recipe.  Check it out here.