Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Sunday Dinner - Shrimp Rolls and Blueberry Fool

No photos of this one, so sorry.  Hee hee.  

Both of the recipe came from Ten by Sheila Lukins, where the Brooklyn Brownies came from for another recent Sunday dinner.

The shrimp rolls were easy to make - shrimp tossed with lemon zest and juice and a bit of olive oil - and I added some garlic - and grilled, then mixed with a mayo sauce and bunned.

The adults ate the sandwiches as is, and the kids just had the shrimp.  Salad and veggies on the side.

They were good - I am not a huge shrimp person, usually a couple will do me just fine, so I was done after half my sandwich, but The Mister gallantly jumped in and finished mine off.   If I needed to make a shrimp sandwich again, I'd go back to this one, but it's not high on my priority list.


Dessert was Blueberry Fool - different than other fools I have made before.
This one was a fruit salad - the recipe calls for blueberries and blackberries, but I used blueberries and strawberries, topped with a chunky fool - blueberries and sugar briefly cooked down, then cooled and mixed with more fresh blueberries,  then stirred into whipped cream.

Again, good.  Again, not going to rush back to it.

I need to either win the lotto and move into a house with A/C, or find some no cook or BBQ recipes.  It's heating up out there.