Sunday, December 22, 2013

Grocery shop December 22 and Egyptian Hawawshi sandwich


This was hopefully my last trip to any sort of store before Christmas - just for odds and ends.  
I love that the Superstore is open 24 hours a day at this time of year.  I am an early riser, so for a couple of weekends a year I can go and do my shopping, be back home and have everything away before anyone else in the house is even awake.

Coffee, coconut milk, pineapple, english muffins, avocados, lemons, limes, oranges, chicken, sausage, ham, crackers, juice x 3, peas, corn, fruit snacks, granola bars, beef bouillon, jam, smoked oysters, smoked mussels, ginger ale, sparkling water, cream cheese, gingersnaps.

$85

_________________________________________________

I made the most wonderful dish that I found on Pinterest last week, but my pictures are so horrendous that I can't post them.  
But check out this Egyptian Hawawshi sandwich - ground beef seasoned with veggies and spices and stuffed raw into pita, which is then brushed with butter and baked.

We loved them, and I will make them again.