Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Monte Cristo Sandwich


Doesn't that look delicious!?!?!!?

I've been craving this sandwich for months now - we were out of town last year and I spotted a restaurant  that had them on the menu.  We tried to eat there but they were too busy, and I just couldn't get the thought out of my head.  This was supposed to be our New Years Day dinner but I was sick, so I put it off for a week.

I am so glad I made this.  So good.

Basically a Monte Cristo is a ham, turkey and swiss cheese sandwich.  But instead of eating it as is, or maybe toasting it, you go bonkers and batter and fry it.  THEN you sprinkle it with icing sugar and serve it with a side of jam.  It's amazing.

I've had this sandwich a couple of times before, most memorably at Disneyland.  So here's the recipe I followed, courtesy of a Disney recipe website:


Try it and enjoy!