Wednesday, January 09, 2013

December food

It's January 9, and I have cooked only two interesting meals so far this year. The other night I made a Spanish Tortilla - link here, and served it with sliced tomatos and a quick guacamole. It was delicious. 
 I also made the dish that I wanted to make on New Years Day. It got scrapped when I came down with a cold and ended up in bed. 
Our first dinner of 2013 was a frozen lasagne that was not good. But this dish was worth the wait.  Post on that soon. Here's a few dishes I made in December that were excellent:

From one of my favorite books that never lets me down, How To Cook Everything, by Mark Bittman -  Broad rice noodles with chiles pork and basil.  So good.


 

Sauteed medallions of pork with lemon and parsley, another great one from Mark Bittman. 


Cacio e Pepe, from Gwyneth Paltrow. Delicious. 


Chicken Milanese, also from Gwyneth. I wanted to make the tomato and avocado salad to go with it, but my avocados had gone rotten. So it was just chopped tomato.