Monday, April 27, 2009

Parting is such sweet sorrow......bye, Daring Bakers.

For two years now I have been a member of the Daring Bakers, the online baking community started in part by my lovely friend Lisa. I will never forget the string of obscenities that escaped my lips when I saw the first challenge that I was to be part of. This was no ordinary baking group!


In my time with the group my confidence with baking and trying new things grew and some pretty spectacular dishes busted out of my kitchen. I made the perfect bagels, made cream puffs from scratch, co-hosted Julia Childs amazing French Bread recipe with Mary, and last month made the best lasagna ever.

But for me it's time to say goodbye to the group.

So thank you. Thank you to Lisa and Ivonne. Thank you to Mary for being the reason I was ever a Daring Baker in the first place. Thank you to all the hosts for your challenges....it's a tough job to find a recipe for the ever expanding group to make - to answer questions, offer advice, and deal with criticism. Thanks to all in the group who ever offered me advice, answered my questions, and stopped by to see my finished result.

I'll be watching from the outside. Thanks.