Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Bean Salad

We were invited to a potluck dinner on the weekend and were asked to bring a salad. I made my fabulous Bean Salad and it was a hit.

This bean salad is so tasty and good for you, you're gonna want to smack yo' momma. But don't smack mine; she's the originator of this recipe.
Bean Salad
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup oil
1/2 cup cider vinegar
1 tsp salt
1 16oz can green beans
1 16oz can yellow beans
1 16oz can kidney beans
1/2 cup diced red onion

Drain and rinse the beans. Blend the first four ingrediants and add the beans and onions. Toss and chill at least 6 hours; overnight is preferable.
**NOTE** I always substitute one of the cans of beans for a can of mixed beans. Sometimes I take out the green beans, sometimes the kidney beans. Anyway you make it, it's good.

2 comments:

it's only fuel said...

That is so amazingly crazy that I was just looking for a bean salad recipe today! Right on you mind reader:D

Sara said...

iof - i aim to please!