Tuesday, July 27, 2004

Food quotes

I am reading a book called "Food, true stories of life on the road."  with essays by varoius writers and food people.  There are alot of great food quotes. 

"We must all eat to live; some more urgently than others." Unknown
 
"Wish I had time for just one more bowl of chili." Kit Carson's last words
 
"Reminds me of my safari in Africa.  Somebody forgot the corkscrew and for several days we had to live on nothing but food and water."  W.C. Fields
 
"We should look for someone to eat and drink with before looking for something to eat and drink." Epicurus
 
"Tell the cook, thanks for the meal."  Buddha, his last words
 
"I'M NOT REALLY CRYING
it's just
the sheer
number
of chopped
onions
in the world."  Francisco X. Alarcon, Snake Poems: An Aztec Invocation
 
"Be a fearless cook.  And never apologize."  Julia Child
 

 

No comments: